Luke 3:23 tells us:
- Now Yeshua himself began His ministry at about thirty years of age.
Specifically, in what year might this be referring? And more importantly, in what year did his Roman crucifixion and third-day resurrection occur? For our End Times or Last Day Messianic Hope, I think it is vital for us to study out an answer to this question so that we can watch and wait for the fulfillment of Romans 8:23-25 as Sha’ul or Paul wrote saying:
- We also have the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for him with perseverance.
The core of this message is linked to Yeshua’s teaching in Mark 13:35-37.
- Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming—in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning—lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping. And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!
In this podcast study – Episode 119 and Part 6 in my chronology series about Yeshua’s last Passover week timeline of events, it is my understanding that Yeshua’s ministry began with his immersion in the Jordan River in what we would call Year 26 and Yeshua completed his ministry with his crucifixion and third-day resurrection in Year 27. I understand that Yeshua’s earthly ministry was one year, NOT 3.5 years, based on the Passover lamb redemption motif in Exodus 12:5.
- Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male one year old.
This statement can only mean that Yeshua’s public ministry spanned two Passover festivals and no more. But how is this likely when the gospel narratives record three Passover festivals in John 2:23, John 6:4, and John 11:55?
Unraveling all of this is all of what my study is about for today. And it is a critical study because of the current state of global affairs. Some nefarious and dark forces are at work seeking to establish a 1,000-year earthly dystopia for their coming king, the Nachash of Genesis 3:1. But, he is not our coming king, and we need to watch and pay attention for our final redemption is near.
Together, let us learn about Yeshua and his redemption in year 27 and how it might fit in with the biblical prophecies of
- For a thousand years in Your sight [are] like yesterday when it is past, and [like] a watch in the night.
2 Peter 3:8
- But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with Yehovah one day [is] as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
- Come, and let us return to Yehovah; for he has torn, but he will heal us; he has stricken, but He will bind us up. After two days, he will revive us; on the third day, He will raise us up so that we may live in His sight.